cranes-fan.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who are you?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    cranes-fan.com Forum Index -> Cranes Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dot Cotton

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Who are you? Reply with quote

Hi there, Avonlady suggested to start a thread where everyone introduces themselves...Ermmm. ok I should start then I suppose.
Ok well, I live in The Netherlands, got to know the Craneys aaaaages ago, round the time they toured with The Cure. Anyhow, we're friends and they rock. There have been so many cool days and nights with excellent antics, I've seen them levitated (literally), funny, happy, sad, pissed off and worn out, but wherever they are they put their heart where it should be; in the music. I can occasionally be found selling merch. Accompanied by the odd can of drinkie. Feel free to say hello and bring drinks to the people who work so hard on stage and behind the merch stand (haha).
see you there.
Dot Cotton

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw I just realised that I have a great big pile of pictures taken at gigs that I should sort out at some point, I'll put some up soonish if anyone's interested.
pills23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what kind of info you want, but I'll make it up as I go along.

28/M from New York. I first heard a small clip of Tomorrow's Tears on 120 Minutes on MTV and loved it, but soon forgot all about them. Several months later I saw them open for The Cure and it was one of the most memorable nights of my life. I think I've seen every NY show they've played since, and on the Future Songs tour (when I had a car) I drove to Philly to see them, which was a wonderful experience because it was such a small venue and much more intimate than NYC shows.

Aside from my Cranes story - I live with my boyfriend and our 2 dogs, Lucy and Electra (guess where she got her name from). I have a boring office job for now, but am starting school in a couple of weeks to (hopefully) become a vegan chef. I also enjoy candle lit dinners and romantic walks along the beach. Wink
avon lady

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, well I'll jump in next then.

I'm Laura, I'm 23. I'm a misplaced Londoner living in the Netherlands. I'm currently eating strawberries and I have pet newts. I also agree strongly with the notion that everyone should buy drinks for the two girls behind the merchandise stand.

next!
avon lady

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and that's me in Paul's hat. I'm posting this because it doesn't actually look like me and it's the only cranes-related picture I could find already uploaded.

Moaske

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Marco, 31 and living in the Netherlands. Jon and Ben know me (and my friend) by my friends renault 4 car that took them to the pub in Liège last februari Cool Laughing
I know Cranes from the 1992 tour with the Cure, and was so darn impressed with that show, that i went to a small indie-record-shop the next day where a found Wings of Joy. I bought every record since and went to as many shows as possible.
Me too cannot comprehend why Cranes are so relatively unknown to most people (ofcourse all of my friends are being brainwashed by me...heheh Cool ); it's such unique music! And they're such nice people... Smile

Moaske's weblog
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cranes-fan.com
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an interesting thread. How bout everybody follow the below format. I'll get started...

Name: Mike
Cranes fan since: 1994
# of times seen Cranes: too many. i think it's up to 20 now. Shocked
Friends here with: Avon Lady, Dot Cotton
What else are you currently listening to other than Cranes? Beck, Eels, Dresden Dolls, Arcade Fire, Carmen Rosa
Other random comments: Any old school fans from the original Cranes Chat (circa 97) still around here?
alex

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. Nice Idea! I'm a 26 year old man from switzerland. I'm a Law student. I have discovered cranes in 97 with forever thanks to a friend. Since then i bought everything i could find (and afford) and went to every swiss gigs. My fave record remains Forever (It should be reissued with September as a bonus track, then it would the perfect cd).
I had the chance to meet every band members and i must say that everyone was really nice with me. Next time i'll bring beers to the merchandise girls, i promise !

Me and my girlfriend first kissed in 98 during a cranes concert. She'not too much into Cranes (she likes the soft song like september, brazil, tangled up) but she go with me to the concerts now (one of the reason i love her so).

Hello Mike, still nostalgic from that 97' cranes chat ? I remember i had fun logging on. Now each time i try i am the only one in the room!

Cheers to everyone

Alex
quendin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I am Ginny, female, 26 years old, and enjoying the music of Cranes sicnce 1995. I live in Belgium, and I like it that Cranes come to here quite often, and I know they love the belgian public who is always very enthousiastic Very Happy .

The first gig I went to was in 1997, with the pop 4 tour, and since then went like 10 gigs around Belgium, Netherlands and England. Never they have dissapointed me, there isn't another band that I like more..., but comes close: Mazzy star (Hope Sandoval), I also like Morrissey, Dead can Dance, Portishead, Air, ....

I live with my boyfriend, with whom I am together for 10 years now. He likes Cranes as much as I do, but no other person in my immediate environment does Sad .

One of the highlights is that I got to interview Alison for a music magazine my boyfriend occasionally writes for. I experienced Alison as a very special and heartwarming person, who is very very nice, and who has smart ideas.

My music collection is largely filled with Cranes (collectors) items, I would never divorce from that.

In my daily life, I work as a psychologist, I help adolescents coping with difficulties, and travel sometimes abroad for that. I do that with much love.
avon lady

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we'll keep you to that one Alex Laughing

Nice to hear more about you all. It's great. Hope to meet some of you at the upcoming couple of shows in May. Cool
alex

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to AL : i wont forget
(BTW : Crew members cant drink for free at the venue ?)
Alex
avon lady

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can drink beer. we want hard spirits Wink
Elyria

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ginny, we sound a "lot" alike. Our musical interests are similar, and I too am a psychology student. Dropped out of college for a bit there, but finishing my degree...Am also a writer.

It amazes me how many people are missing the wonderful music of Cranes, because of "pop" music. At the same time, I admit to liking them as ours, all ours! Wink
Anga

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Aangename kennismaking, jullie daar... Reply with quote

'lo all of you,

I'm Jan (or Deno), 30 and boyfriend of Ginny (here known as Quendin) with whom I live together in Sint-Niklaas, Flanders (Belgium)...
I do work with adults with autism, wich -I must say- is a very challenging thing to do.

I like lots of music, from folk to avantgarde, but it has to MEAN something to me. Fav's are Current 93, Antony and the Johnsons, Cranes, King Crimson, Mazzy Star, Tim Buckley (who was God), Shock Headed Peters, Sandy Denny and Sainkho Namtchylak...amongst others...

The first Cranes-experience was in the very early 90's, when I got 'Wings of Joy' from a friend (who got it twice as birthday-present) and I was hooked on. Since my girlfriend is a big Cranes-lover, I suppose I'm not quiet rid of 'em... Laughing

Voilà, no more to say...

See you, folks !! Wink
Anga

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quendin wrote:

My music collection is largely filled with Cranes (collectors) items, I would never divorce from that.

Idea And what is the first loved thing in the world you'll ever save from the fire: your collection or me... Question ( Shocked don't you dare!!)
Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    cranes-fan.com Forum Index -> Cranes Message Board All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: