cranes-fan.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

unknown remix

Post new topic   Reply to topic    cranes-fan.com Forum Index -> Cranes Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beartunes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: unknown remix Reply with quote

Back in the early 90s, a friend of mine from AZ would swap tapes with me, he was a DJ and we'd introduce each other to new music.

Somewhere somehow, I picked up the Cranes "Wings of Joy" album. Whether it was due to a song I heard on the radio, MTV's 120 minutes, or a song on one of Dana's tapes for me, I dont know....

skip ahead 15+ years, at a cafe in Hollywood, FL (Chocolada) last week, I was eating my cake and heard this song that i KNEW i knew, but couldn't place. I had to think about the vocalist. The Waterlillies and Cranes came to mind right away.

The beat was fast for what I remembered of the cranes, and i cannot for the life of me figure out what song this is, even though I knew the song or that i had heard it, in its entirety, many years ago.

I searched all the remixes on discogs.com and rhapsody and none seem to fit. The closest is "Tomorrow's Tears" with how near the end of the song the higher register singing and melancholic tone takes over.

I am 99% sure this is a cranes song I'm thinking of, but the beat is kind ofa beloved/world music kind of beat, and the song is 6-8 mins long with sitar and hazy backing. Again, I cant seem to find if any of the mixes mentioned on discogs or rhapsody fit. It's not submarine, its something much older.

Maybe it's a compilation specific song. Or, one of the mixes of "Clear" that I cant seem to recall.
Does anyone have those mixes of clear posted online anywhere?

Again, the mix is kind of like "The Beloved"'s sound, how jon marsh had an almost world-music kind of feel. The vocals seem a bit more sped up from teh original version of the song, i just cant figure out what song this was!
any help appreciated.
-charlie
beartunes@aol.com
angel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

itīd be wonderful to know what remix youīre looking for...

sorry i canīt help you beartunes...

with hope
hans

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Bear

it would probably be the thaïs mix of Cloudless, featured on the Jewel ep.

have fun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    cranes-fan.com Forum Index -> Cranes Message Board All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: